Decree Law No. 6-C/2021
- Issuer: Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Diploma Type: Decree Law
- Number: 6-C/2021
- Pages: 31-(5) a 31-(22)
Summary in plain english
This decree-law extends the extraordinary support for the gradual resumption of activity in companies in a situation of business crisis with a temporary reduction of the normal working period (PNT), under the Economic and Social Stabilisation Programme and creates new simplified support for micro-enterprises in business crisis, with a view to maintaining jobs.What is going to change?
The employees concerned are guaranteed 100% of gross normal pay, up to a value equal to three times the Guaranteed Minimum Monthly Payment (RMMG) (1995):
- Extra support for maintaining an employment contract (“simplified lay off");
- For the reduction or suspension measures in business crisis situations provided for in the Labour Code, which have been motivated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Extraordinary support for the gradual resumption of activity (AERP) is extended until the end of the first half of 2021, including:
- Extension of support, for the first time, to members of statutory bodies performing managerial functions in companies, with social security contributions and workers in their charge;
- Payment of 100% of gross normal pay, up to a value equal to three times the RMMG (1995), to the workers covered;
- Maintenance of partial exemption from social security contributions, at the employer's expense, calculated on the value of the wage compensation, for micro, small and medium-sized enterprises;
- The Training Plan associated with the AERP, approved by the Instituto do Emprego e da Formação Profissional, I. P. (IEFP), may start before the AERP is granted by social security and will be paid at 85% in the first tranche, as soon as this is granted and may not coincide with the months in which the company is covered by the AERP (as long as it is within working hours).
A simplified support is also created for microenterprises, with up to nine workers (inclusive), who have a turnover drop of 25% or more, combining financial support in the amount equivalent to two RMMG (1330 euros) per worker who has been covered in 2020 by the extraordinary support for maintaining an employment contract (“simplified lay off") or by the extraordinary support for the gradual resumption of activity.What advantages does it bring?
This decree-law guarantees stabilisation at economic and social level, updating to 2021 a framework of extraordinary support for the economy, employment and families, allowing companies to resume their normal activity and consequently maintain employability.When does it enter into force?
This decree-law enters into force on the day following its publication and takes effect from 30 June 2021.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law